Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Step-By-Step Wednesday - Green Team #14-19


 Weekly Challenge 14-19
Graduation Day

This week the wonderful design team is using Doodlebugs The Graduate paper line and the Paper Smooches Seeing Stars stamp set.  




It's that time of year again.......graduation time!  I personally received only one announcement (so far) for my 2nd cousin-in-law........let's just say he's related! :)

Since we will be sending money for his college fund, I thought I'd show the steps to make a money card.  I'll be perfectly honest, I found this information on Pinterest.  Although it's a little different, the main idea was there! 




Let's get started!


The white card base should measure 8 1/2" x 6 1/2".  Turn your paper longways and then score it at 6 1/2" and 3 1/4".


Fold on the score lines and use a bone folder to make the creases very crisp.


Next will come the assembly!  My favorite part!  Once the white base is folded, you'll need to create the money pocket.  Be sure to secure it as close to the edge as possible to allow room for the money or check to slide in.  I've used staples, but feel free to use whatever you'd like......brads or glue work well too.  Once it's secured, you will be gluing it to a backing piece to cover up the staples or brads.  The backing piece measures 3 3/8" x 6 5/8".  I then added a piece of patterned paper to the money flap and used a circle punch (any size, doesn't really matter) to create the half circle to make getting he money out easier.


I used my Stampin' Up owl punch to create this cute little guy!  I added a bit of white pen to his eyes for dimension.  To create the diploma, I took a piece of regular copy-type paper (thin), rolled it, then tied it with some twine.  I attached it with a glue dot to be sure it stayed secured!


I added a square of black with a gold brad as his hat.  I played around with sizes, and then ended up cutting it down a little bit more with scissors.


I did utilize a few of my punches on this one......I love it when I can do that!  A chevron border punch on the bottom, a rolodex card edge punch on the front.  I hope he likes the card as much as what's in it!!  

This can obviously be adapted to ANY occasion just by changing the details!!

Thanks for check out our great Graduation Inspirations.  The products used in today's featured creations can be purchased in the Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supplies store.  
You can go to the Challenge blog site to enter your own creations. 

Until next time, Jenni =D

1 comments: