Saturday, May 3, 2014

Mixed Media Day: Green Team 14-17


April 29-May 5
Weekly Challenge - Mother's Day Without Flowers

This week we are creating for the celebration of MOM's over at Cuttin' and Stampin'
We are using the Bo Bunny Modern Miss collection and Paper Smooches Scripty Sayings stamp set both of which you can find at the Cuttin' and Stampin' facebook store
Michele from Stuff By Belle here today and I am sharing a card I made for my own mom.


I used the celebrate stamp in the Scripty Sayings set with white zing embossing powder to create my background and then splattered blue, red and yellow glimmer lists, I love SPLATTERS!!  The frame is cut with a Tim Holtz die using paper from the Bo Bunny collection.  The crown and silhouette are also TH dies but they are cut from black chip board. 


The crown is coated with gold crackle paint and the 'gems' are red Perfect Pearls.
The banner and letters are Studio Calico wood pieces painted with Distress paint.


I just love the shimmery colors of the mist, splatters are so FUN!

You still have a couple of days to get your Mother's Day project linked up on our challenge blog.   But don't forget no flowers on this one!! I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time...get inky often!

1 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really love that crown. Great colors, fun image..... Love!

    ReplyDelete