Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Step-By-Step Wednesday - Green Team 14-13

Challenge - Create a Quilt Pattern using paper or stamps

The design team is using LemonLush paper line for this weeks creations.  This paper line is perfect for quilting! You can pick up your own pack and the coordinating embellishments in our Facebook Store



The challenge this week at Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge is Quilt Inspired! 


I've never made an actual quilt, but it's on my list of things to do!  I did need some inspiration, so I went to Pinterest!  Found a really cute idea with daisies and.....BAMM......it hit me!  So let's get started!


I cut my patterned paper into 1" squares, figured out an arrangement and started glueing!  Once they were all glued down, I ran it through my BigKick and embossed the whole thing so I had the look of an actual quilted piece (p.s. it also mashed the squares all down so nothing was loose or sticking up)!!


Next onto the flower!


I used the Plaintin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge, set at 3"  Cut one, then the shadow, then cut another at 3 1/4" in green to pop it!  The circle is 1".


After it was embossed, it still needed something.  I grabbed a tube of seed beads I had purchased some time ago for another project.  I made a large pool of Glossy Accents in the center of the flower middle, poured on some beads and waited for it to dry!  It dries clear and holds well, I knew it was the best choice!

This was a fun card to make!  Fist time for me using beads!  I see more in my future!  Have fun with it!!

Stop by our wonderful design teams creations and give them a little blog love.  Then create your own quilt pattern creation and enter it in this week challenge here.

Until next time..........Jenni =D

come visit me!

3 comments:

  1. Like the idea of using the Glossy accents w/ the seed beeds.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jenni! I love the embossed quilt and the flower center lots!!

    ReplyDelete