Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mixed Media Day Green Team 14-13


April 1-April 7
Weekly Challenge - Paper Quilt Challenge
This week we are creating with paper quilting here at Cuttin' and Stampin'
Michele from Stuff By Belle here and today I am sharing a layout I did with some FUN pictures of my nieces. :)
We are using Studio Calico Lemon Lush collection which you can find at the Cuttin' and Stampin' facebook store
 I did a lot of background layering with paper, gesso, distress paint and mists.  The paper was cut into squares and sewn on to the base with my sewing machine.  I painted gesso to mute the colors slightly and applied paint with a mask.
Here is the finished layout.
I struggled with how to embellish my layout for a while and then it hit me...ROSETTES!!

The rosette centers are UmWow Studio chip, layered hearts, that I covered in gesso and distress paint.  I doodled on them when they were dry.  I love this technique for altering this chip!!

I added plenty of mist splatters after I had everything adhered.  I love how it pulls all of the colors together.

You still have a couple of days to get your project, with some kind of paper quilting, linked up on our challenge blog.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Until next time...get inky often!

2 comments:

  1. Super fun LOs! Those littles are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute and fun layout! The colors are so bright and the rosettes are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete