Monday, January 13, 2014

Mixed Monday 1-13-14


January 13, 2014

Hello Everyone,  I'm here to show you how to use paper bags in creating a mini album.  I know this this is a different type of media, but it's one I really like to work with. 

To start I purchased a package of small paper bags from Michael's and folded the flap down.  This is how I connected the bags to the hinge system. I cut the bags down to 5 1/2" long.



I used chipboard to create my cover and then covered it with kraft cardstock. 


I used the stack the deck binding system from Laura Dennison at Follow the Paper Trail.  I attached the hinge system to the middle section of the album after I covered the inside flaps with pattern paper. 


 I attached the paper bags to the binding.
 I masked off the main cards so that I could stamp on them.  I used Jaded Blossom stamps to create the calendars and some note lines.  I then attached the stamped cards to a piece of pattern paper and then attached it to the paper bags.

 Here's some of the finished pages.  I will use a black ultra-fine marker to put the actual dated into the calendars.




Here's the back of the tags.  I used the new Paper Smooches stamp set Captured Moments to customize the bottoms.  The top spot is for a 3x4 photo.

                         

I used a lot of extra scraps to cover the front sides of the tags.  I used a flag punch and punched two flags for each tag and glued them together to create a tab that can be used to pull them out of the pockets .


I used a hair tie and buttons to create an expandable closure.  I'm hoping Dani will add more than just one picture to each month and it gets pretty full. 
 

So here's the final product.  I used Paper Smooches Digits stamp and die set to create the numbers on the outside of the album.  I didn't do a bunch of embellishments on this album because it will be sitting on a shelf next to other books and I don't want things getting knocked off. 


I hope you like my mixed up project.  You can pick up the Paper Smooches stamp sets and this Believe paper collection on the Cuttin' and Stampin' Scrappy Supplies site.  


7 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm going to have to do some mixed media, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and also you can up-cycling things you already have

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and creative album idea.
    Thanks for sharing the tutorial, too.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that system before! What an adorable little album! Great job!

    ReplyDelete