Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekly Challenge #37 Friday

#37
Challenge:   Use 3 punches
September 17 - 23rd, 2013

At Cuttin" and Stampin" this week we are having a "Three Punch Challenge." I love using punches, I own many of them, and never thought twice about how many I could use on a single page or card until this challenge. I was given two shades of Bazzill Basic blue papers to use along with three punches of my choice. It took me the longest time to come up with a card using these two requirements as the basics of my card. I started off with a top fold dark blue card, measuring 11" x 4.25", scored at 5.50".  I cut my next layer out of the light blue at 4" x 5.25". I inked the Paper Smooches Borderlicious tiny polks dots border with VersaMark, sprinkled on a white embossing powder, and then heat set the layers. I then used a 2.50" circle punch on a scrap piece of inked beige patterned paper, and a snowflake punch using a scrap of the dark blue paper. Using my hand punch I punched a small hole in the center of the snowflake and inserted a large snowflake brad I had in my stash and attached it to the light blue layer.
 
 

 I cut a 18" piece of ribbon and tied a bow on the bottom of the top layer.
I adhered my top layer to my card base. I stamped my verse on another scrap piece of the light blue cardstock. Using my third required punch I punched this out along with a second punch on the dark blue cardstock and matted the verse.
 
 
This is the Paper Smooches "Borderlicious" stamp set I used and the
required two blue Bazzill papers.
 
 
These are the three punches I used for my card

 
 I am done! I must say, this was a real challenge for this gal! I may have used three punches on other projects, but I will remember this one!
 
 

Happy Scrappin!

Please make sure your creation post has a link back to Cuttin' and Stampin'

Thanks for playing along we will be announcing the winners on September 27, 2013.
 
You can link your project here.

1 comments:

  1. Love the snowflake and layout you used for your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete